Monday, February 13, 2012

Pineapple - the new cancer treatment?

Imagine a fruit that has cancer curing properties - Pineapple. Most people know about soursoup but pineapple is new to me. Apparently, it works the same way as soursoup. The ingredient bromelain has antitumoural effect. It causes cancer cells to kill itself leaving behind good health cells. There is a lot of research that needs to be done, I suppose. I wonder if eating fresh Pineapple would be have any effect and how much to eat.

One thing I know about Pineapples is that eating unripe Pineapple especially the 'core' can be toxic and will cause severe diarrhea. But then I am happy to know, a simple "local to me" fruit is a potential cure for Cancer.


Here is the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting your comments