Monday, March 11, 2013

BeetRoot to prevent cancer... and many other ailments

Beatroot - the 'magic' vegetable.

During my chemo treatment, my wife kept making beetroot juice for me to drink. Her recipe was

1) One beetroot
2) One carrot
3) One apple
4) One cucumber

All cut and put into a juicer. The outcome is a juice with soluble fibre. Much later, I was told by a Ayurvedic doctor to switch to blending rather then juicing. Anyway, I just found out that BeetRoot

"Cancer Prevention

Preliminary tests suggest that beet ingestion can be one of the useful means to prevent lung and skin cancer. Other studies have shown that beet juice inhibits the formation of cancer-causing compounds called nitrosamines.

The combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory molecules in beets makes this food a highly-likely candidate for risk reduction of many cancer types. Lab studies on human tumor cells have confirmed this possibility for colon, stomach, nerve, lung, breast, prostate and testicular cancers... "
 I was really happy  when I read this article.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting your comments